SometimesI have ideas about software that could be interesting to write or useful to use; but I'm already contributing to a lot of projetcts and I'd rather not start all of the new ones.
Following a talk on #haiku irc channel, I decided to put the list online so other people can pick these projects up and start working on them.
Please let me know if you made (part of) one of them. So I can link to you here :)
PulkoMandy's ever growing TODO-list
Older items first.
- Port the znax flash game to the Atari Lynx console.
- Create a device that plug on the amiga clockport and can serve as a base for complicated projects. A DSP to decode OGG would be nice.
- Build a mouse adapter, similar to AmiPS/2, but using the AMXmouse protocol for the CPC.
- Compile the SDL version of Road Fighter for the GP2X
- Port Rick Dangerous2, Prince of Persia 1 and 2, The Lost Vikings 1 and 2, and Jazz JackRabbit 2 to SDL or another lib and make them run on the GP2X.
- Maplegochi : an electronic Maple tree for the Haiku desktop. You feed it with some water and you watch it grow day after day. The tree is built with random fractals so everyone gets an unique tree on its desktop. It changes over the seasons (depending on the system date and the locale). It is a replicant living on the desktop and acts as a living background,without being too disturbing.
Make the various usb to serial chips work on haikuwith a simple terminal program.
- Code a ROMDOS D1 filesystem add-on for Haiku to read/write floppies for Amstrad/Schneider CPC computers.
- Network-shared whiteboard application for Haiku, allowing people to draw diagrams and see each other drawings. Likely use Playground as a base.