|Version 1 (modified by 12 years ago) ( diff ),|
The MegaROM is developped by Ghislain Fournier (hardware) and François Mouret (software). All the information can be found here : on Collection Thomson.
Unfortunately, the project was aborted near completion and never was completed.
The version you'll find here has some improvements :
- New PCB routing with less vias. (done)
- New version (MegaFLASH) using rewritable flash memory instead of read-only ROM. So you can load custom programs into it. This is also very handy as a ROM development tool. (WIP)
=Hardware for the MegaFLASH= The logic is rather similar to the original MegaROM, but there are some things to take care of:
- The Flash pinout is different from the ROM one (even if the pins functions are mostly the same).
- The flash must receive write operations as well as read, in all banks.
- The bank-switch logic may conflict with writing the flash.